National Datacare Corporation developed the Direct Deposit Management Service for long-term care facilities that are satisfied with their existing resident fund software but need a banking solution to efficiently handle direct deposit of resident benefit checks. DDMS fills this need and provides numerous other benefits beyond simply reporting direct deposits received; benefits not offered by financial institutions. By automating resident care cost payments, DDMS ensures your facility will be paid in full, on time and without hassle every month.
How does DDMS work
- The facility moves their existing resident fund account to a participating financial institution.
- The facility completes an account application for each resident and indicates which payments they would like direct deposited. Residents may elect to have a “transferring” account in which care cost payments are automatically debited from their recurring income.
- National Datacare electronically enrolls each resident’s federal recurring payments, such as Social Security, for direct deposit. For private pension direct deposits, DDMS contains enrollment forms for over 500 different benefit payers.
- Each day a direct deposit is received for a resident, a detailed report is forwarded to the facility. If the resident has a transferring account, the direct deposit will automatically be split: the resident will retain their personal allowance amount and the care cost portion will be credited to a separate facility account.
- Funds received at the facility are deposited at the local DDMS financial institution branch. If a branch is not conveniently located, or facility personnel do not have time to spend on bank trips, funds can be deposited by mail.
- Withdrawals from a resident’s account are posted to the facility’s existing system and disbursed by check from the resident fund account. The resident fund cash box at the facility can be funded from facility monies or the resident fund account.
- When a resident leaves the facility or expires, the facility notifies National Datacare. All future direct deposits will automatically be returned to their source. Any federal payments that were received to which the resident was not entitled will be automatically returned.
We’re driven by your success.
Since 1981 we have measured our success by the success of our clients. We take pride in providing the best Resident Fund Management Services in the industry to Skilled Nursing, Developmentally Disabled, Representative Payee and Assisted Living Facilities throughout the country. Simply put... we’re driven by your success.